Friday, November 27, 2009

Snapshots from the beach


















This year for Thanksgiving, my mom decided she needed another dose of the beach so my parents and I headed to Gulf Shores, Alabama. My mom is a teacher and when she found out that she got a week off from school, she booked the same house that we stayed in this summer for vacation. Lucky for me, all of my classes were cancelled, so I was able to meet them down in Alabama. I flew standby from Atlanta to Mobile on Saturday morning and they picked me up there.

This week has been full of long relaxing days that involve lounging on the beach, reading, and lots of eating. A little football thrown in there too. The weather has been beautiful. Mostly sunny and in the high 60s. I wish it were warmer, especially the last few days when the wind has picked up and created cooler weather on the gulf. I put on plenty of layers before heading out into the wind, and I sit bundled on the sand and watch as other families come running out in their swimsuits and actually go swimming! I'm a wimp when it comes to cold weather, I admit.

I've been taking lots of pictures of the beach since it's pretty rare to see it so empty. The first time I went out there I couldn't figure out why it looked so weird; then I realized it was because there were not rows of chairs and tents set up on the sand.


No comments: