Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Dismemberment Plan show poster


Tonight I've been working on some of my Entertainment Design stuff. Not surprising since it's my favorite class and I'd rather spend all my time working on it...haha. Anyways, I just threw a poster together and I think I really like the direction it's going. It needs to be arranged better and edited around maybe before I decide how I want it, but I thought I'd post my progress so far. The assignment is to create a show poster for our band and I am doing a poster for a tour my band went on with Death Cab for Cutie.

Tour with: The Dismemberment Plan+Death Cab for Cutie=The Death and Dismemberment Tour

Since the title of the tour is so graphic, I wanted really graphic images. Also, since it describes kind of a horrific mental image, I wanted to play off of it so I decided to use mannequins as my visuals. They look like human bodies and parts but aren't in actuality. Anyways, I did all the type by hand like the rest of my pieces. See what you think



No comments: