Friday, November 20, 2009

Music


So i never claimed to have a good sense of music taste..I usually catch on to new bands after seeing them at Austin City Limits Festival or hearing about them from friends. Actually, I have been better lately about finding new stuff to listen to, but I always fall back into my nerdy old bands/singers that I've loved forever, and I confess I shamelessly love some good ole poppy acoustic guitar singing music. But, I just bought 3 new cds and have a serious love for all 3.


First of all, I saw The Avett Brothers at ACL this year, and although I had heard them before, after seeing them live I was smitten. I have been meaning to buy some of their cds or steal some of their music from friends, but I hadn't gotten around to it or felt like spending the money. Well I broke down and bought their newest album I and Love and You, and I confess, I am completely obsessed. I've had it blasting through my ipod all morning and it puts me in the best mood. It makes me want to drive through the countryside with my windows down blaring this in my car. Listen to the whole thing here





For my second cd choice, I bought Phoenix's newest cd Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix. Also a great album. I like Phoenix because most of their music is so bouncy and I can't resist dancing around to all of their songs. I also saw them at ACL and posted about liking them but just now getting around to buying their music. Check this album out, it's pretty incredible.










Lastly, I couldn't resist filling my craving for some good ole acoustic guitar crooning by none other than John Mayer. I have always had a huge love for John Mayer, but it has recently faded somewhat and I haven't listened to him much lately. However, I just couldn't resist buying his newest album, Battle Studios. Make fun of me all you wish, but I absolutely love this cd. I was reading bad reviews on it, but from the amount i've listened to it so far, I like it alot. It's definitely not as unique as his previous two cds, but the soft poppy love songs are right what i wanted and expected when buying this newest album. I guess i'll always have a soft spot for john mayer that started when I got his first cd at 15 years old. Check it out, I think it's pretty great. listen to it here

alright, well better go do something productive with my life. hope everyone is having an amazing day

No comments: