Sunday, June 21, 2009

In honor of Father's Day


My Dad......
  • is the youngest of 3 boys in a family from San Antonio
  • is 6'5, the tallest in his family, and the reason why I am so tall
  • used to train the whales and dolphins at sea world when he was in college. He flew to california to pick up a new whale and spent the next 48 hours straight with it to get acclimated to its new home. he also used to stick his head in whales' mouths and has a scar on his forehead for the time a whale tooth cut him as he pulled his head back
  • made me play every sport i can think of as a kid, hoping I would somehow inherit his competitiveness; sadly, all i cared about after a game was where we were going to eat, and even playing volleyball throughout highschool I didn't get heated over a game
  • turned me into the greatest texas longhorn fan on earth. we tailgate before football games, hate all other teams, and jumped up and down like children in the middle of the night after the horns football team won the national championship. we bleed burnt orange to the core
  • loves buying me new shoes, things from best buy, and anything from the UT Co-op in Austin
  • used to play catch with me on the street in front of our house every evening after dinner when i was growing up
  • is the worst back-seat driver ever so i can't stand driving when he is in the car
  • does all the laundry in my family
  • could sit and watch golf all day
  • since i was an only child, used to play 'Pretty, Pretty, Princess' with me and would put on all of the jewelry pieces required, including the plastic clip on earrings
  • used to let me put clips and barrettes in his hair when i was little
  • taught to to swim, ride a bike, and drive. drove me to all my practices, attended all my games and tournaments, and has cheered me on my entire life
Happy Father's Day!!!

1 comment:

Libby said...

BP is going to hurt you for telling the whole world that he used to train dolphins and whales! Hahahahaaaaaa