Wednesday, September 9, 2009

hahaha

BYU's Clawson conflicted after hit on Bradford

September 8, 2009 11:05 AM


Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin


BYU senior linebacker Coleby Clawson said he has mixed feelings about his hit that knockedSam Bradford out of Saturday's game, causing a sprain of the Oklahoma quarterback's AC shoulder joint.

"It's kind of the nature of the beast, I guess, playing football," Clawson told the Salt Lake City Deseret News. "I really do feel bad because he's a great player and a good person, too. I feel bad he got hurt. I hope he can get back soon.

"As far as our game, I think it helped us win. I love rushing the quarterback. That's what I did as a defensive end when I played at Snow College. I'm always trying to get big hits, but I'm never trying to put guys out or hurt anybody."

Clawson is a former LDS missionary who's married and has a young daughter. He said that most Oklahoma fans were classy to his family as his wife watched the game in Arlington, Texas, wearing his jersey.

"OU's fans were really great. They treated my family and my wife good. They were some of the most classy fans I've ever met," Clawson said. "(Family members) were in the middle of all the BYU fans, so I think they felt safe. (OU fans) even came up and congratulated us."

But there has been a recent backlash. Some Oklahoma fans have expressed their displeasure to Clawson.

"I've had a few messages through Facebook and stuff on my e-mail," he said. "I think it was mostly sarcasm, but there was a few OU fans that told me where to go. Overall, everyone's been really classy about it."

Bradford told reporters that he expects to be back in Oklahoma's lineup in two to four weeks.

But it wouldn't surprise me if Clawson's hit ends up being the biggest play in the Big 12 season.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

OU classy?!? hahaha